Society membership for 2016 costs £30 per annum for UK membership, £35 for continental Europe and £40 for the rest of the World. Members subscribing from outside the UK may either pay directly in Sterling or transmit an amount in their own currency to deliver the Sterling equivalent.
Download an information brochure and application form and then make payment by one of the following methods :
1. PayPal - The Society encourages payment by PayPal ( www.paypal.co.uk ). Simply open a PayPal account and then pay the appropriate membership fee to the Paypal account under the address email@example.com .For full details of the PayPal procedure see the application form.
2. Send a cheque made payable to 'The Liszt Society' to:
The Liszt Society
c/o 128 Norbury Crescent
London SW16 4JZ
3. Make payment by BACS or other form of electronic banking direct to the Society's bank account. Members are urged, wherever possible, to make payment of
subscriptions and/or donations via the online banking systems. For those
intending to set up a direct debit or make electronic payment direct to the Society’s
bank account the details are –
154-158 Kensington High Street
London W8 7RL
Sort code 05-04-70
Account number 61369514
For direct debit please add surname/initials as the
The completed application form should be either posted to the Membership Secretary or scanned and emailed to them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the Membership Secretary for further details or assistance with any of the above.
Members enjoy the following benefits:
- An annual Journal issued free to all members. This publication, which is regarded by many as one of the best researched regular publications on Liszt, combines articles on widely differing aspects of both the man and his music, and scores which are otherwise unavailable. Its reputation is such that we number among our membership many subscribing University libraries.
- A Newsletter issued free up to four times a year to all members. This includes details of forthcoming performances which we think may be of interest to members, particularly if members are giving or taking part in those events. Attention is also drawn to books and recordings. Notices or reports are given of conferences and other meetings. The Newsletter also provides a forum for members to exchange views through publication of their letters, make requests for information or write a few paragraphs.
- Members may purchase, at a generous discount, scores published by the Society, of which numerous volumes have been produced.
- Members may purchase, where copyright law allows, photocopies of many scores of Liszt’s music which are otherwise unobtainable. Proceeds, together with donations, help maintain the Society’s financial position, which has enabled us to maintain the membership subscription at a modest level, and to keep the archive up to date.
- From time to time we are able to negotiate discounts for members on the purchase of certain CDs, tickets for concerts or purchases of books.
- We do our best to answer any members’ queries concerning the music or life of Liszt or, if we cannot help, to put members in touch with others who might be of assistance.
- Notification of relevant events, both Society-organised and external.
- UK members may attend, at reduced rates, any events sponsored by the Society; non-UK members may attend free.
- Members wishing to promote Liszt events with which they are involved, may apply to have them listed on the events page of this website at no charge. Non-members' events may also be listed on application, subject to approval by the Society, and may incur a charge for listing.
- Members can promote their own recordings, publications etc in the Members Promotions section. Simply email details to email@example.com
To enquire further about membership benefits, please contact the Membership Secretary.